Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 6 - August 7 2010

Insanity



You know I was thinking about the meaning of insanity. "to continue doing what you have been doing and expecting different results" You cannot expect to put in just a little bit of work or just a little bit of effort and expect big changes. No it's going to take hard work, determination, motivation, encouragement, and one heck of a will! Losing weight is not generally easy for anybody that is overweight, if it was easy, none of us would be big! I don't' think the almost doable parts will last long because as soon as your body gets used to you being active you will begin to enjoy it! The treadmill made me feel like my legs were gonna rip from my body, but I made it. I have to remember that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and that it' not that I can never again have stuff that I love, and eventually I can occasionally put stuff in my diet, but it's about moderation, portion control and self control. It's learning to tell yourself no and bring balance to your life. Nothing worth having in this life comes easy! Fawn has made me see that it's not so much about the destination as it is about the journey! The journey is where I learn and where I am changing, it's where the beauty is. Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment