Friday, September 3, 2010

August 13 2010

Woke up this am to barking dogs and couldn't go to sleep so I went on ahead to go for a walk. I have already mapped out the neighborhood with the car so I would know how far I had gone and today I went 3 miles. It was difficult and the way I mapped it out and I have to climb uphill twice and honestly I didn't know if I would make it today, but I had to! It was either sit there or walk back home. The hill was so hard for me, my thighs were burning and tightening and I had to just keep telling myself that I will feel great when I actually get done. It makes it a little easier to workout when I use my mp3 player. I downloaded upbeat workout music on there and for some reason the music helps. Today my am workout will be the treadmill, 1 minutes incline then 1 minutes recovery and keep doing that for about an hour. The warmup and the cooldowns are important and vital to making sure you have an effective workout. I also have been making sure to stretch before and after. I also make sure to take my 64oz water bottle and drink plenty while I workout. It helps adn I can tell a difference. It is nice to workout at the y because you can watch tv and it makes the time fly!



I find it helpful to eat before I do the am workout about 45 minutes to an hour before I go. Then about an hour after my workout I eat a snack and I think I can feel a difference in my body as far as the way I feel for the rest of the day. The more you workout and eat right foods at the right time and stay hydrated the better you feel. I also love lemon and have been squeezing it in my water without stevia and it gives a fresh taste. I am trying to not use salt and instead I am using spices and lemon and lime and herbs to flavor my food. Another helpful hint: green leafy veggies are low in calorie content which makes them easy to put in your diet and easier to lose weight. -Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment