Healthy Tips and Snacksfor Kids
Healthy Snacks for your Kids:• Ants on a Log- celery with 2 tbsp peanut butter, raisins
• Get them involved in recreational sports- You can walk the track while they play! This ensures that they are getting exercise while you are too!
• Park far away from the grocery store and walk in as a family. Don’t always wait for the closest parking spot-these extra steps matter!
• Make outdoor activity a daily occurrence for your children when possible-If it’s too hot outside, take them to the mall and walk around.
• Limit yours and your children’s TV time every day! Sitting in front of the TV for extended periods of time, decreases movement and forms bad habits! Move around!
Tips:• Make sure your children hydrate with water!
• Limit their juice intake; it’s very high in sugar and bad for their teeth
• Try not to give them any form of artificial sweeteners; these are not healthy for them!
• Fill your children up with fruits and veggies! Get them used to eating healthy early in life!
• Make sure they are getting adequate amounts of sleep and are on a regular routine