Friday, September 3, 2010

August 15 2010

I Know that you are There for Me!



What got em here? D-E-N-I-A-L! Denial is what got me to 270 pounds and a size 22 britches. I needed a wakeup call. I needed someone to rattle me for me to realize that just because I chose to bury my emotions with food tehy would still be there, unresovled, and more complicated because of the effects of the emotional eating on top of everything else. Festering emotions and stress due to unresolved conflict are often the root of weight issues. It is sad, but the food acts as a temporary buffer between you and your emotions. it numbs the feelings. I have always had this emotion dependency on food, even as a child, it just didn't effect my weight until my senior year. Whether the emotions still exist or notice you've grown up, the habits of emotional eating remain. So it is learning how to break the cycle and focusing in your mindset. It's about renewing your mind with what god says about you. He said I am fearfully and wonderfully made and he loves me and has a plan and purpose for me and he knew me before I was in my mother's womb! If He cares so much about the flowers and animals-how much more is his love for us! I love the song by Kari Jobe- I know that you are for me. It is amazing and so true. listen to it and you will see! Later! Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment